What is a Delaware Registered Agent?
If you incorporate your business in the state of Delaware, you need a Delaware Registered Agent. In Delaware, the Delaware Registered Agent is the intermediary between your company and the Delaware Division of Corporations. Delaware wrote this into their corporate law so they have a physical address (not a post office box) in Delaware to contact your company, through the Delaware Registered Agent, during normal business hours. The Delaware Registered Agent accepts documents such as legal action notices, annual report notices, void notices, franchise tax reports, and late notices.
The Delaware Registered Agent:
- Needs to be present at a registered office, located in Delaware, during normal business hours to accept legal notices.
- Accepts communications from the state, for your Delaware Corporation or LLC, and forward to the appointed contact person.
- Keeps a record of the name, address, and phone number of the appointed contact person for your Delaware Corporation or LLC.
Change Your Delaware Registered Agent
Once you have the services of a new Delaware Registered Agent, you need to file a Change of Agent Form File the form with the Delaware Division of Corporations. If you need a Delaware Registered Agent, Agents of Delaware, Inc. can help. Delaware corporations need to file an annual franchise tax report. The annual franchise tax report includes the names and address of all the corporation’s directors on the report’s filing date. Also included is the name and address of the officer who signs the report.
The Delaware State filing fee for a Delaware Registered Agent change for both an LLC and a Corporation is $50.00. If we file a Delaware Registered Agent change to Agents of Delaware, Inc. for you, we do it free. If you change your Delaware business address or move out-of-state, you need to file more documentation with the Delaware Division of Corporations for the new address if you act as your own registered agent.
Our Delaware Registered Agent Service
We want you to try our service. In fact- we pay you to do it! * We research your company and see what the total cost is to switch- and then pay the $50 State of Delaware filing fee for you!
* Offer available only on the annual subscription plan. The monthly subscription plan does not receive the $50 credit for filing the change of agent certificate.
The prices we quote are for companies in good standing with the Delaware Division of Corporations. If your business is no longer in good standing, you need to pay the outstanding balance owed to the Delaware Division of Corporations before they allow a change of registered agent. We check the status of your Delaware corporation or LLC with our online connection to the Delaware Division of Corporation’s database. Contact us if that is a concern, and we will check on your behalf.
What to Expect from Us
As your Delaware Registered Agent, our office is open during normal business hours to satisfy the needs of the state. We send you:
- Correspondence from the Delaware Secretary of State.
- Legal action notices. If your business receives a legal action at our office, we email a copy of the service to you within 24 hours and mail you the original.
- If you need special services, we arrange to send you a copy via registered mail, certified mail, or any other courier service, for the essential fees.
We provide a local referral in Delaware. If you need a local attorney, accountant or another service provider in Delaware, call us for a referral. We believe you should know as much as possible about forming a Delaware corporation and keeping it in good standing. We direct you to the information that you need to help prevent penetration beyond the corporate veil. Remember, a sound corporation is the best defense for your personal assets.
Our Registered Agent Service Plans
We offer the industry’s most flexible Delaware Registered Agent Service. Inspired by clients like you, who have needs as unique as the businesses you run:
- Renewable month to month
- Pay with autopay
- Cancel anytime
- Renewable each year
- Pay in advance
- Billed annually